TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Answers ...
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Answers ...

Posted by pcproa on March 02, 2011 at 6:57 PM
  This message has been viewed 549 times.

In Reply To Questions ... posted by The Devils Z on March 02, 2011 at 06:27 PM

Message 1) Yes. The oil pressure that I have showing right now is in Bar. I was thinking about changing the ranges to PSI but I got anxious and really wanted to drive the car yesterday as it was a pretty warm day from a relatively snowy winter.

2) I'm not sure what you mean by gauge types.
It can display, but not limited to
- AFR
- Boost Pressure
- Oil Pressure
- Fuel Pressure
- EGT
- Oil Temperature
- Coolant Temperature
- Fuel Temperature
- etc. The list goes on.

3) The main board can handle 8 sensor inputs. The board I called the Oil Sender board, it is actually dual purpose. It directs power to the main board and it powers the Oil Pressure sending unit so the Main Board can read it. With that board it only works on those two things. On the picture where the black wire is going into the screw terminals, that is the Oil Pressure wire. In any of the adjacent 7 inputs you would have wires for each device going into those.

4) 8 inputs means it can read 8 sensors, it doesn't mean 8 screens. There are only connections for 2 screens here. The list above gives an example of what other devices can be connected

5) Not pictured here, there are two wires connected to the Vout pins on my Left and Right bank Innovate LC1 controllers. I did not include all of my pictures in this post, but to display the 3 devices you need to occupy 3 of the 8 inputs.

6) No, they are not all linear, but most automotive sensors output in a linear fashion. In one of the screens on the GRC, you can set the most linear section that you are reading from, so instead of reading from 0-5V, you may be reading from 1 - 4V, where 0-1V and 4-5V are actually exponential, but not worth displaying.

7) I actually inadvertently included a peak and hold feature. Not pictured here, there is a small joystick that you can attach and position at the base of your gauge cluster so you can manipulate the screens and clear the peak and hold.
No need to use extra inputs for Peak and Hold. The Microcontroller has a substantial memory for that.

8) I haven't implemented that YET, but that's been on my todo list for the past few days.

Great questions, thanks for asking them.

Popformance - Automotive Performance Electronics
http://www.popformance.com

1990 Nissan 300ZX
1982 Datsun 200SX
Cardomain website

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.